Sunday, November 20, 2011

East Potomac Park Golf Course Review

Another perk of living in DC is that there is a golf course literally minutes from downtown. It might not be a country club, but that's all right, because the course offers a total of 36 holes of golf. From what I've heard, the 18-hole Blue course is a thorough challenge in terms of length and shot-making requirements--I really should get around to playing it one of these days. As for the remaining 18 holes, nine are part of a par-three course, and the other nine (which I frequent weekly) are a 2800-yard executive course. I dig the executive course because it is long enough to use a driver on some holes (and get the satisfaction of driving 300-yard holes), but still hazarded enough to send a good round to hell in a hurry. To top it all off, the rates are extremely reasonable ($14.00 for nine holes on the executive course), and if any further incentive were needed, they sell icy cold beer (pitchers start at $8.00) at the clubhouse. 

972 Ohio Dr SW
(between Francis Case Memorial Brg & I-395)
Washington, DC 20024
(202) 554-7660

No comments:

Post a Comment