Friday, January 6, 2012

Novelty Golf & Game Room Review

I haz a sad because I have lived so close to this place for over ten years and only just recently had been able to see what it was all about.  This place is like Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, crammed into a tiny plot of land, and made it into mini golf, an arcade, batting cages and a snack shack.  Does it get any better than this?  I think not!

There are two courses for the mini golf and I suggest you go the first time without trying to keep score.  Definitely no scoring if you stink as bad as my niece and I did (uhm, as in having to reset the ball *on average* 4 times because you didn't hit the ball hard enough and it rolled back to you?  Yeah.) I feel like that is less our fault though than the mind playing tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...

Ahem.

And as much as I would LOVE to come here at night and see how it looks all lit up, I have a feeling it is overrrun with mobs of families with a billion 8 year olds, or roving gangs of shrieking teenagers.  So save it for a nice afternoon, like we did.  Much calmer and more relaxing and you don't have to feel like you must rush through. And don't say  "I know you're right, but..."  because I will say "But what? Everyone I know has a big But...? C'mon, Simone, let's talk about *your* big "But".

If you ask nicely, the fine folks of NG will take you on a tour of their fine facility* which starts out something like this: "This is one of my personal favorite parts of the tour. Please say hello to our residents, Pedro and his wife Inez. Inez is holding a clay pot that she seems very proud of. She has carefully detailed it with lots of paint and glaze. And Pedro is working on an 'adobe.' Can you say that with me? 'Adobe'.

And when you are done with your fun filled afternoon I hope you will be sure and tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!

*OK, that might be a lie. Might not. Who knows?  Try it anyway and see.

3650 W Devon Ave
(between Lawndale Ave & Monticello Ave)
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Neighborhood: North Park
(847) 679-9434

No comments:

Post a Comment